How we launched a paid social revolution for the Welsh Rugby Union
Sports and Leisure Industry
The WRU manages the national game for Wales. It oversees 320 member clubs, the Welsh national team, as well as national leagues and cups.
As part of our multi-channel approach to drive ticket sales, we used Facebook ads to appeal to the many personas across Wales that had an interest in Welsh Rugby. We created and implemented a strategy that:
- Used WRU data to target rugby fans who had previously attended games.
- Created detailed custom audience to find people who had never attended before.
- Created bespoke messaging for each target persona.
- Targeted Welsh ex-pat communities outside of Wales.
- Split tested imagery and messaging to better understand what resonated best with each target audience.