February 18, 2020
Client Relationship Manager
- Role: Client Relationship Manager
- Reports to: Head of Client Relationships
- Experience Required: 3yrs min
- Employment Type: Full time
- Holiday Entitlement: 22 days + Birthday
- Hours: 39hrs per week
- Probationary Period: 6 months
You will be an experienced Client Relationship Manager and will responsible for maintaining and developing existing relationships with our clients, acting as the link between client and agency, and taking responsibility for setting and meeting expectations, retaining and growing client accounts.
As the client’s main point of contact you will need to understand and help shape the client’s digital marketing goals. These should be clearly communicated to the rest of the agency and you, in conjunction with our Digital Delivery Team, will be responsible for ensuring the strategy and subsequent campaigns we deliver are fit for purpose.
You will work collaboratively with the new business team to secure and onboard new accounts which will include responding to briefs and attending pitches.
You will also work closely with our Digital Delivery Team to help implement innovative strategies and ensure that everyone is on the same page and working towards the same goals. In addition, you will administer Statements of Work (SOW), attend client meetings and deliver progress reports.
You will be expected to review and measure the performance of your accounts as well as provide internal executive reports. You will be expected to drive business growth through existing client accounts by developing proactive action plans that meet client’s growth objectives.
You will work closely with our Delivery and Quality and Resource Manager to ensure projects are properly scoped, scope-creep is managed, and processes are improved so projects run more efficiently.
It is essential that you can build and sustain strong and lasting relationships with clients and provide excellent customer care.
Where appropriate, you may need to meet with clients outside of working hours for client entertainment and relationship building.
Your responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Help clients to formulate realistic expectations and objectives
- Establish, build and expand key relationships with our clients
- Retain and grow existing accounts by identifying new opportunities that ensure our clients are getting the maximum value from our services
- Negotiate changes and amendments to contracts and SOW
- Identify and address any potential account management issues
- Help to maintain profitable accounts
- Liaise with our in-house teams to achieve our client’s goals
- Client entertainment where and when required
- Monthly executive reporting
The ideal person
- At least 3 years demonstrable experience in a similar role, ideally in an agency environment
- A thorough understanding of digital marketing techniques and strategy including SEO, PPC, Content Marketing, Social and PR and Ecommerce
- A track record in delivering results and exceeding client expectations
- Be confident, positive and outgoing
- Client leadership skills including the ability to sell ideas to clients and say no to clients when necessary
- A great team player and collaborator
- Excellent organisational skills, problem solving skills, adaptability and the ability to juggle multiple tasks and priorities
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Strong commercial awareness
- Experience in any of the following industries would be beneficial: Ecommerce (Retail), Finance or Education & Training
Interested in the role advertised? Please send us a quick paragraph as to why you think you’re suited to this role along with your CV to HR@libertymarketing.co.uk. We often receive a high number of CVs, and therefore regrettably cannot reply to everyone who applies – we are sincerely sorry about this – but if you are a successful applicant we will be in touch!