July 8, 2020
Digital Marketing Strategist
- Role: Digital Marketing Strategist
- Reports to: SEO Manager
- Experience Required: 5yrs min
- Employment Type: Full time
- Holiday Entitlement: 22 days + Birthday
- Hours: 39hrs per week
- Probationary Period: 6 months
You must have a mature and professional attitude alongside considerable experience of successfully delivering Performance Marketing, with a focus on PPC, SEO & Content led strategies. You should be comfortable communicating with people at all levels of seniority and, more importantly, be able to develop and maintain their trust and respect at all times.
As Digital Marketing Strategist, you will be responsible for:
- Creating and steering multi-channel strategies for key accounts
- Being a key point of contact for select accounts
- Assisting the New Business and Client Relationship team with any pitches and proposals
- Supporting the PPC, SEO and Content team members by troubleshooting on new and existing projects
Working cohesively and pro-actively with the managers and CRMs to achieve the client goals.
You will help our clients understand their online marketplace, define success and create innovative digital marketing strategies that achieve our client’s goals. To do this you will draw upon your own experiences as well as working collaboratively across other key disciplines such as Technical SEO, Social Media, Digital PR, Paid Media and Digital Content.
You will oversee the research and analysis phase by implementing a plan that thoroughly audits the client’s current situation, competitors and online marketplace to provide insight and strategic priorities.
Once the strategy has been signed off, you will work with the Delivery Team to build a tactical plan that fulfils the requirements of the strategy. You will advise on the content of the delivery plan and be involved at key milestones to review progress, monitor performance and, if necessary, realign the strategy. This will include identifying and presenting new ideas and opportunities to the client.
To support client growth, you will be required to work closely with the New Business and Client Relationship teams. You will be accountable for advising these teams on new and existing and strategies, creating proposals and presentations and attending meetings.
Alongside another Digital Strategist, part of your role will require you to support the members of the PPC, SEO and Content team by brainstorming solutions that help projects move forward and achieve its goals within the required timelines.
- Perform research and analysis to help clients understand their digital marketplace and strategic priorities
- Understand clients’ business needs, refine and agree marketing goals and objectives
- Create focused strategies that achieve our client’s goals
- Brief projects to the Quality & Resource Manager and Digital Delivery Team
- Help develop account growth opportunities and new business pitches
- Support new and existing team members with your knowledge and experience, facilitating greater insight and better results
- Collaborate across multi-disciplines, to promote a culture of shared knowledge and understanding
- Attend client meetings and present your findings and recommendations
- Accurately record all activity within the agreed deadlines
- Keep up to date on new industry developments and share best practise with the digital delivery team
The ideal person
- At least 5 years recent experience delivering performance marketing strategies ideally in an agency environment
- A working knowledge of how different industries apply marketing techniques and platforms
- Strong client facing skills – the ability to create and maintain long-term relationships with clients
- Excellent presentation skills, organisational skills and the ability to juggle multiple tasks and priorities
- Self-starter and self-learner with strong follow-through orientation
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills – to be able to open up dialogue with new partners and third parties
- The ability to adapt to new software, systems and industry developments quickly;
- Highly numerate, with strong MS Excel skills
- Analysis skills – be able to interpret data and produce accurate and insightful reports
- Be reliable and have a collaborative approach
- Problem solving skills and adaptability
- The ability to work autonomously
- The ability to quickly get up to speed with different types of industries
- background of working with B2B and Lead Generation companies would be advantageous
- Comfortable working on multiple client projects simultaneously
Interested in the role advertised? Please send us a quick paragraph as to why you think you’re suited to this role along with your CV to HR@libertymarketing.co.uk. We often receive a high number of CVs, and therefore regrettably cannot reply to everyone who applies – we are sincerely sorry about this – but if you are a successful applicant we will be in touch!