March 4, 2021
Role: SEO Manager
Reports to: Head of SEO
Experience: 5yrs min
Employment Type: Full time
Holiday Entitlement: 22 days + Birthday
Hours: 39hrs per week
Probationary Period: 6 months
We are looking for an SEO Manager to join our team!
Reporting to the Head of SEO, the SEO Manager manages the day-to-day delivery of Liberty’s SEO services within their team.
You will coordinate a team of Senior SEO Specialists & SEO specialists, acting as a role model and leader.
Key to your role is effective people management. Alongside HR, you will be responsible for recruiting skilled personnel to, and developing those within, your SEO team. You will be responsible for developing talent within your team and as such need to be able to encourage and motivate people, facilitate collaborative working practices, effectively delegate tasks, conduct appraisals and mentor individuals. You will focus on people’s strengths & find opportunities to challenge, coach & nurture people.
Working with the Quality & Resource Manager, you will be responsible for assigning new projects to members of your team based on capacity and skillset, and adapting the allocation of projects and tasks each month as needed. You will support the team with the creation of 90-day plans where needed and help to set & track KPIs and project deadlines to ensure expectations are met &/or exceeded. You will monitor the progress of projects ensuring they are resourced with appropriate budgets, skills & personnel. You will also provide ad hoc consultancy, training, and strategic guidance as required.
You will work closely with the client relationship team to ensure the client’s expectations and project objectives are being appropriately set and more importantly, achieved. You will demonstrate results-focused leadership to the team and act as an escalation point for client service issues. You will provide SEO insight to support Senior Managers and offer strategic SEO guidance and support to set the overall direction on accounts and to guide the growth of the accounts assigned to your team.
You will work closely with our Creative Content Manager, Paid Media Manager, and Quality & Resource Manager to deliver integrated client projects. Together, you will be critical in ensuring quality and high standards from your teams by implementing our quality management system, following processes & procedures, authorising work, managing risks, and training new staff.
In relation to new business, you will (where appropriate) contribute to pitches, ensuring we understand & challenge the brief, act as a driving force on pitch preparation & delivery, from brief to pitch-meeting, ensuring that the response is based on insight. Where appropriate, you will represent Liberty at events to raise Liberty’s profile & generate new business leads.
Your responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Staff wellbeing and development
- SEO service delivery, innovation and development
- Provide SEO strategic direction and support for the accounts within your team
- Client satisfaction & delivering strong client retention
- Leading on SEO process improvements &/or wider agency critical projects
- Ensuring service quality & high standards
- Contributing to new business opportunities (where appropriate)
- Recruitment of new team members as required
The ideal person
- At least 5 years demonstrable experience running a digital marketing team ideally in an agency environment
- A confident leader and role model with the ability to work under pressure
- Commercially astute and takes pride in creating, managing and overseeing high-quality digital marketing projects
- A thorough understanding of digital marketing channels and digital marketing strategy including SEO, CRO, analytics and data
- A facilitative and coaching style of management
- Strong interpersonal, decision making and delegation skills
- A great communicator with excellent presentation, written and verbal communications
- Confident dealing with client issues
- Proactive problem solver
- Strong budget management skills
Interested in the role advertised? Please apply here. We often receive a high number of CVs, and therefore regrettably cannot reply to everyone who applies – we are sincerely sorry about this – but if you are a successful applicant we will be in touch!