- Role: SEO Manager
- Reports to: Head of Client Services
- Experience Required: 5 years minimum
- Employment Type: Full time
- Holiday Entitlement: 22 days + Birthday
- Hours: 39 hours per week
- Probationary Period: 6 months
Reporting to the Head of Client Services, the SEO Manager manages the day-to-day delivery of Liberty’s SEO services.
You will coordinate a team of SEO specialists, acting as a role model and leader. Where appropriate, you will lead on client projects yourself, acting as the client point of contact. Working with the Quality & Resource Manager, you will be responsible for the creation, briefing, upkeep & delivery of project plans. You will set & track KPIs and project deadlines to ensure expectations are met &/or exceeded. You will monitor the progress of projects ensuring they are resourced with appropriate budgets, skills & personnel. You will also provide ad hoc consultancy, training and strategic guidance as required.
You will work closely with the client relationship team to ensure client’s expectations and project objectives are being appropriately set and more importantly, achieved. You will demonstrate results-focused leadership to the client and act as an escalation point for client service issues. You will provide SEO insight to support Senior Managers and act as the lead SEO strategist working with Senior Managers, to set the overall strategic direction on accounts. You will lead on reporting results in a way that meets the specific needs of the client.
You will work closely with our Creative Content Manager, Paid Media Manager and Quality & Resource Manager to deliver integrated client projects. Together, you will be critical in ensuring quality and high standards from your teams by implementing our quality management system, following processes & procedures, authorising work, managing risks and training new staff.
Key to your role is effective people management. Alongside HR, you will be responsible for recruiting skilled personnel to, and developing those within, the SEO team. You will be responsible for developing talent within the SEO team and as such need to be able to encourage and motivate people, facilitate collaborative working practices, effectively delegate tasks, conduct appraisals and mentor individuals. You will focus on people’s strengths & find opportunities to challenge, coach & nurture people.
In relation to new business, you will (where appropriate) contribute to pitches, ensuring we understand & challenge the brief, act as a driving force on pitch preparation & delivery, from brief to pitch-meeting, ensuring that the response is based on insight. Where appropriate, you will represent Liberty at events to raise Liberty’s profile & generate new business leads.
- Act as lead SEO strategist;
- Client satisfaction & delivering strong client retention;
- Leading on SEO projects &/or wider agency critical projects;
- Ensuring service quality & high standards;
- Staff wellbeing and development;
- Contributing to new business opportunities;
- SEO service delivery, innovation and development.
The ideal person
- At least 5 years demonstrable experience running a digital marketing team ideally in an agency environment.
- A confident leader and role model with the ability to work under pressure.
- Commercially astute and takes pride in creating, managing and delivering high quality digital marketing projects.
- A thorough understanding of digital marketing channels and digital marketing strategy including SEO, CRO, Analytics and Data.
- A facilitative and coaching style of management.
- Strong interpersonal, decision making and delegation skills.
- A great communicator with excellent presentation, written and verbal communications.
- Confident dealing with client issues.
- Proactive problem solver.
- Strong budget management skills.
- Flexibility to travel or work outside of regular office hours.